Sunday, March 25, 2007

They Say It's Your Birthday


Well, it's my birthday, too, yeah. And I had a good time. Bob had to leave early this morning for meetings in D.C. But it was still a nice day. Quiet. Relaxing. Just putzing around the house. Enjoying the luxury of a legitimate day off, a day devoted to nothing in particular. I even watched a couple of old Magnum P.I. episodes via DVD. The ultimate in goofing off. And then tonight, a lovely dinner in Del Mar with E.K. and a friend. So I'm 54. Geez. It sounds terrible. But you know something? The older I get, the younger I feel. There's just so much I've already done, so much I don't need to worry about anymore. And so much more to do, so much more to look forward to. I remember being 14 and 24. I was so young, and I felt young. But when I turned 34 and even 44, I'd already begun to worry about getting old. No more. So maybe it's not the Beatles I should be quoting. Maybe it's Dylan. Because I really was so much older then. I'm younger than that now. (No pun intended.)

2 comments:

Happy A. said...

joyeux anniversaire!

Anonymous said...

Your attitude on aging sounds like a very positive one.